Skip to content
August 25, 2013 / viewsfromasmallisland

Mucky goings on

muck machine

If anyone was thinking British farming was getting too technical, I bring you evidence to the contrary. In these sophisticated times you’d expect this item of equipment to be referred to as a biodegradable waste automatic recycling processor or something similar. But no, in the UK we like to call it just how it is,; it’s a machine for muck, so let’s call it a ‘muck master’. I like it.  And this one looks particularly well used. I certainly wouldn’t want to clean it out.



Leave a Comment
  1. texasflashdude / Aug 26 2013 12:00 am

    Muck…as in poop? I really don’t know what to say, except I would also not like to clean it out.

  2. Sandra / Aug 26 2013 12:36 am

    I was raised on a farm in county Durham, in the North East of England….I remember the smell when they were ‘muck spreading’. It was a yearly event.

    • viewsfromasmallisland / Aug 26 2013 1:22 pm

      I actually don’t mind the smell, it reminds me of home, (in the nicest possible way).

  3. ahumblevessel / Aug 27 2013 2:27 pm

    That is a great picture 🙂 I laughed when I saw it. Brings back memories of childhood, when I played in the dirt. It was AWESOME!

  4. Greer Chesher / Aug 31 2013 5:29 pm

    As a muck master myself, I appreciate the technology!

    • viewsfromasmallisland / Aug 31 2013 7:25 pm

      I liked the honesty of it; nothing sophisticated or ambiguous. It’s for muck so that’s what we’ll call it.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: